Canoeing / Kayaking - Tennessee
Canoeing & Kayaking
Tennessee and the Southern Appalachians have an abundance of paddling opportunities. Canoeing and kayaking on Tennessee streams and rivers, and scenic lakes is an awesome experience.
• Tennessee Eastman Hiking and Canoeing Club - This is a non-profit outdoors club, founded in 1946, offering a year-round program of hiking, paddling, and other outdoor activities. A member club of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, with management and maintenance responsibility for 132 miles of the A.T. in North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
• Tennessee Whitewater Kayaking Routes
• Paddlng in Tennessee - Provides reports and descriptions of places to canoe or kayak in Tennessee.
• CHOTA Canoe Club - Activities include canoe and kayak whitewater trips (class 3 and above) and hairless trips (class 1,2/3), canoe/kayaking camping trips, touring kayak trips (day and self-contained), youth activities which include evening day trips, and family outings.
• Tennessee Overhill Experience - Offers outdoor adventure, scenic drives through Cherokee National Forest, heritage trails, arts and antiques, historic sites, and more.